Policing services are divided into functional divisions and major sections. Our units comprise of
- 911 Communications
- Community services section
- Crime Stoppers
- Criminal Investigation and Support Services
- ENDHUMANTRAFFICKING campaign
- Forensic Identification Section
- FORM – Update new/existing key holder information
- Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Timmins Police Auxiliary Unit
- Traffic Unit
- Uniform Patrol
Business Owners and private property owners with security systems are encouraged to provide key holder information to the Timmins Police Service to streamline responses to calls of this nature.
The attached form should be completed and forwarded to
firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Timmins Police Service marked for her attention
For information regarding our policing services contact us at:
Do not use e-mail for emergency police requests.
Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.
Duties of Police Officers
- Protecting life and preventing injury
- Protecting property
- Preserving the peace
- Preventing crimes and other offences and providing assistance and encouragement to other persons in their prevention
- Assisting victims of crime
- Apprehending criminals and other offenders and others who may lawfully be taken into custody
- Laying charges and participating in prosecutions
- Executing warrants that are to be executed by police officers and performing related duties
- Performing the lawful duties that the chief of police assigns
- Enforcing municipal by-laws
- Completing prescribed training
Police have the legislated authority to arrest persons, to search and to seize property, and they may use reasonable force in the execution of their duties.