The Timmins Police Service responded to a call for service in regards to a break and enter in progress at a residential complex located on Riverside Drive yesterday evening (Sept 23rd).
Upon arrival at the scene, Timmins Police officers collected the necessary investigative details and a description of the suspect who had been confronted while allegedly stealing items from a common area of the complex.
During the altercation, the suspect is alleged to have struck the person who had discovered the break-in in progress and caused damage to a window of the building.
The suspect fled the scene but was quickly located and arrested by the Timmins Police Service a short distance from the scene and allegedly found to be in possession of stolen goods.
A thorough investigation was completed by the officers in regards to the incident.
Allison SMALL, 26, of no fixed address, has been arrested and charged with:
- Break and Enter contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Two counts of Theft Under $5000 contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Two counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault with a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Mischief contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused remains in police custody while awaiting a Bail Hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against her.