The Timmins Police Service has charged a Toronto area man with drug possession offences stemming from an incident that occurred yesterday afternoon (November 15th) at a Schumacher address.
While attending at a call for service, an arrest was undertaken by the Timmins Police Service.
In addition, quantities of controlled substances, drug paraphernalia, and Canadian currency were located and seized as evidence by the Timmins Police Service.
As a result of the incident, Rickeel JOHNSON, 23, of the Toronto area, has been charged with:
- Resist Police Officer contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault Peace Officer contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Enter Premises When Entry Denied contrary to the Trespass to Property Act
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of a Controlled Substance contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- 3 counts of Fail to Comply – Release Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
JOHNSON remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for today at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins, to answer to the charges laid against him