The Timmins Police Service has charged a local woman with a number of Criminal Code offences stemming from an incident that occurred at the McIntyre Curling Club in Schumacher yesterday morning.
The Timmins Police Service responded to an incident where the woman, who is a resident of the temporary extension of an area shelter, had stripped naked and began to engage in disruptive and erratic manner towards shelter caseworkers.
The woman became assaultive towards shelter staff and uttered threats of bodily harm towards them.
The responding Timmins Police officers were able to de-escalate the situation and take the subject into custody without further incident.
As a result of the incident, Briana CABRAL, 27, of Timmins, has been charged with:
– Cause a Disturbance contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Assault contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Indecent Act contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 2 counts of Uttering Threats contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 2 counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins to address the charges laid against her.