) The Timmins Police Service has charged a local man with a host of driving offences stemming from an incident that occurred early this morning in the north end of the city.
A patrolling Timmins Police Service officer noted a passenger vehicle had failed to stop at a north end intersection at approximately 3:10 a.m.
The Timmins Police Service officer proceeded to attempt to have the vehicle come to a stop. The driver is alleged to have engaged in erratic driving behavior in an attempt to flee from the police.
The driver lost control of the vehicle and entered into a snowbank rendering the vehicle un-drivable. The driver fled the scene on foot but was eventually located by the Timmins Police Service and taken into custody.
As a result of the incident, Robert MILLS, 28, of Timmins, Ontario, has been charged with:
– Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Flight from Police Officer contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada.
– Take Motor Vehicle Without Owner’s Consent contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Drive While Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused person remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.