The Timmins Police Service has arrested a local man stemming from an assaultive incident at an Elm Street North residence, which is alleged to have occurred during the late afternoon hours of Friday, June 28th.
The matter was reported to the Timmins Police Service on July 2nd.
Timmins Police – Criminal Investigations Division officers completed a comprehensive investigation into the incident where a 37-year-old person had been assaulted by both a male and female suspect.
Based on the investigation, the identity of both suspects was determined.
The male suspect was located and arrested yesterday by the Timmins Police Service.
As a result of this incident, Kurtis HARJU, 32, of Timmins, was taken into custody and is charged with
– Assault with a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Utter Threats contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 3 counts of Possession of a Weapon contrary to Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Carry a Concealed Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 2 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
The accused remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.
As this matter remains an open investigation, the Timmins Police Service is actively seeking the whereabouts of the female suspect, a 25-year-old woman from Timmins.