The Timmins Police Service has charged a local young person with a number of Criminal Code and Drug Possession offences stemming from the execution of a Search Warrant at a Wilson Avenue residence on Friday, April 9th.
Based on an ongoing investigation into the death of a 16 year old male person that occurred locally on April 4th, a search warrant was executed allowing entry into the residence by Timmins Police – Criminal Investigation Division officers working in coordination with platoon officers.
As a result, the following exhibits were located and seized by the Timmins Police Service:
– 855.7 grams of dried cannabis
– one LSD tablet
– $1,290 in Canadian currency
The total street value of the drugs seized is $8,572.
As a result of the incident, a 17 year old male resident of Timmins, was arrested and has been charged with:
– 3 counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
– Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling contrary to the Cannabis Act
– Distribute Illicit Cannabis contrary to the Cannabis Act
– Possession of Illicit Cannabis contrary to the Cannabis Act
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The charged young person was released from police custody on the strength of an undertaking compelling his appearance at Provincial Court in Timmins on May 17th to answer to the charges laid against him.