On September 15, 2017, an officer with the Timmins Police Service responded to a call involving a suspicious person in the area of Birch St. S and Dale Ave.
During the course of the suspicious person investigation, a Timmins Police vehicle was stolen. A search for the vehicle was initiated by members of the Timmins Police Service with assistance from the Ontario Provincial Police.
The vehicle and the suspect were located at approximately 4:30 p.m., in the area of Norman St. and Lafleur Drive. Officers engaged in a high-risk take down, and a Conductive Energy Weapon was deployed. The suspect was safely arrested and has been charged accordingly.
Fortunately, no injuries were sustained by officers involved or by members of the public. Tyler ANDERSON, 25, of Timmins faces a total of 16 charges in relation to this incident. Those charges include:
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a Restricted Firearm
- Occupant of a Motor Vehicle Knowing there was a Restricted Weapon
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Weapon, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Mischief Under $5000
- Resist Arrest
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Breach of Prohibition Order
- Breach of Probation (x2)
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled for a bail hearing today, September 18, 2017.