The Timmins Police Service and the Timmins Police Services Board in partnership with the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Children and Youth Services is accepting applications for the 2019 Youth in Policing Initiative.
- To provide a safe and positive summer employment opportunity for youth who reside in the community and are reflective of the cultural diversity of the community.
- To enhance relationships between police and the community they serve by developing a positive working relationship.
- To promote youth participation and exposure to the work environment through diverse, educational and productive work assignments with the police service.
- To promote the Timmins Police Service as an employer of choice.
- Applicants must reside in Timmins region.
- Must be a student between ages of 15 and 18 years old.
- Must not have been convicted of a Criminal Offence for which a pardon has not been granted, and must not have any charges pending before the courts.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be returning to school in September.
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour
Location: Timmins, Ontario
Duration: July 2, 2019 to August 26, 2019
How to apply:
Complete and submit the application package to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of May 17, 2019.
Applications are available at:
- City of Timmins – Human Resources Department
- City of Timmins website – timmins.ca
- Timmins Police Service website – http://police.timmins.ca
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
FAX: 705-360-2685 Phone: 705-360-2628
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition”
“We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected will be contacted”
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, post