The Timmins Police Service has charged a local person with Break and Enter related offences stemming from an incident that occurred early this morning at an Algonquin Blvd cell phone retail store.
The Timmins Police Service responded to a call for service, where an intrusion alarm had been triggered at the strip mall retail outlet, to find a male suspect fleeing the scene on foot with a duffle bag in hand.
The suspect was pursued and apprehended by the Timmins Police on Spruce Street South.
He was found to be in possession of $12,365 worth of cell phones, other stolen products, approximately $350 in cash, and break-in tools.
The investigation indicated that the suspect had forcibly gained entry to the store resulting in damage to the front door along with damage to display cases within the building.
As a result of the incident, Gerry MATTINAS, 43, of Timmins, has been charged with:
– Break and Enter with Intent contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Mischief to Property Under $5000 contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of Break and Enter Instruments contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Fail to Comply with Release Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The suspect remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for today at Provincial Court in order to address the charges laid against him.