The Timmins Police Service has charged a local man with theft, sexual assault and drug possession offences stemming from an incident that occurred yesterday morning at a local grocery store.
Based on investigation, it was determined that the man attended at the grocery store and, in an unprovoked manner, began to swear and yell at other customers.
The suspect then collected merchandise and was in the midst of leaving the store without paying when he stopped and re-entered the store.
He then slapped and grabbed a 33-year-old female victim before fleeing the scene on foot.
The responding Timmins Police officer identified, located, and arrested the suspect a short distance from the original scene.
A quantity of a controlled substance was found on his person, incident to arrest.
As a result of the incident, Jason HOOKIMAW, 38, of no fixed address (Timmins), has been charged with:
– Cause Disturbance contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Theft Under $5000 contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Sexual Assault contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of a Controlled Substance contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
– 3 counts of Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
HOOKIMAW remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for today at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.