The Timmins Police Service has charged a Mississauga man with a number of Criminal Code offences stemming from an incident that occurred on December 17th in Timmins.
Based on an intensive investigation by the Timmins Police – Criminal Investigations Division, it has been determined that the accused attended at a Bruce Avenue apartment and forcibly took a 30 year old occupant into his custody against his will.
The accused proceeded to utter threats of violence to the man and uttered further threats to harm the man’s associates in order to have the man satisfy an outstanding debt.
The captive was eventually able to make good on his attempt to escape from his captor.
Based on the outcome of the investigation, Michael MOORE, 27 of Mississauga, has been charged with the following:
– Kidnapping contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Forcible Confinement contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Extortion contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Assault with a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 4 counts of Uttering Threats contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
MOORE remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins, to answer to the charges laid against him.