The Timmins Police Service are in the midst of completing their investigation into an allegation of sexual assault which occurred during the early morning hours of Saturday, July 14th, in a residence located in the north end of the city.
The Timmins Police were called to respond to an incident where a man is alleged to have gained entry into an apartment and proceeded to commit a sexual assault upon the occupant.
The Timmins Police Service deployed officers from its Criminal Investigation Division and its Scenes of Crime Officers to complete specific aspects of the investigation.
The suspect was located and arrested by the Timmins Police Service later that same morning.
Patrick Kokou N’LOBETCHO, 23, of Timmins was arrested and charged with:
- Break and Enter With Intent to Commit and Indictable Offence contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Sexual Assault (2 counts) contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Criminal Harassment contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Forcible Confinement contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Drive While Under Suspension contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
The accused was later released from custody at a video bail hearing on the strength of an Undertaking requiring that the attend Provincial Court in Timmins on July 24th to answer.to the charges laid against him