The Timmins Police Service has charged a local woman with a number of Criminal Code offences stemming from an assaultive altercation that occurred over a two-day period commencing of Thursday, April 14th at a Joseph Street residential address.
The Timmins Police Service responded to a complaint regarding two female suspects who had physically controlled and accosted a 21-year-old male person. The suspects managed to keep the victim bound within the residence and persisted in repeated assaults on his person in order to have him provide his personal banking information under duress.
The victim was eventually released and brought to hospital for treatment for significant injuries suffered as their captive. A Search Warrant was executed at the residence on April 17th where one of the suspects was taken into custody.
Based on the outcome of the investigation, Chantal DOUCET,41 of Timmins, has been charged with:
- Assault contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault with a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Utter Threats contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Forcible Confinement contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Sexual Assault contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Robbery contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused persons remain in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against her.
The Timmins Police are actively seeking to locate the second suspect involved in this incident