The Timmins Police Service has charged a Mississauga man with a number of Criminal Code and Drug Possession offences stemming from the execution of a Search Warrant at a west end hotel in Timmins on Thursday, July 30th.
Based on an ongoing drug investigation conducted by the Drug Enforcement Unit of the Timmins Police Service working in conjunction with platoon officers, a search warrant was executed allowing entry into one of the rooms of the hotel.
As a result, the following exhibits were seized as evidence:
– 216.5 grams of Fentanyl (“purp”) with an estimated street value of $129,000.00
– 83.3 grams of crack cocaine with an estimated street value of $8,360.00
– $2895 in Canadian currency.
The total street value of the drugs and cash seized is $141,125.
As a result of the incident, William POWELL, 25, of Mississauga, has been identified, located and charged with:
– 2 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
– 1 count of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 3 counts of Fail to Comply with Release Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
POWELL remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins to answer to the charges and other more recent charges laid against him.