The Timmins Police Service has charged a local man with a host of Criminal Code weapons offences stemming from an incident that occurred early this morning in the Cedar Street South area of Timmins.
While on patrol, a Timmins Police officer observed a pedestrian and recognized him as being a person currently wanted on the strength of an Arrest Warrant.
Once the warrant was confirmed, the subject was placed under arrest by the Timmins Police Service and found to be in possession of a pellet handgun, brass knuckles, quantities of Fentanyl and methamphetamines, and other drug paraphernalia.
Based on the outcome of the incident, Tiza MUTSWAIRO, 45, of Timmins, has been charged with:
- Carry a Concealed Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- 2 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused person remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for today at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.