The Timmins Police Service has arrested and charged a local man with Robbery related offences stemming from an early morning robbery that occurred at an Algonquin Blvd convenience store.
The incident occurred this morning at approximately 1:07 a.m. where a male suspect entered the convenience store, brandished a weapon and fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Responding Timmins Police Service officers located the suspect a short distance from the scene at a Wilson Avenue address and found him to be in possession of the weapon used in the robbery.
As a result of the incident, Jaden CLARK, 20, of Timmins has been charged with:
- Robbery – Use Firearm contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Imitation Firearm – Use While Committing an Offence contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Carry Concealed Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
CLARK remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for today at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.