The Timmins Police Service has charged 2 young persons with a number of Criminal Code and Drug Possession offences stemming from a disturbance at a west end hotel in Timmins yesterday morning (Oct 5th).
The Timmins Police responded to a call for service in regards to a male young person in distress and apparently hallucinating.
Based on information provided by the male young person, the officers found it necessary to enter one of the hotel rooms to confirm the wellbeing of his acquaintance, a female young person who was found sleeping and not in harm’s way as it had been alleged.
Once the wellbeing of the female young person was confirmed, police observed quantities of controlled substances and weapons in plain view in the room.
Both subjects were arrested. The room was sealed until a search warrant could be obtained.
The Timmins Police – Drug Enforcement Unit executed a search warrant yesterday afternoon at the hotel and seized the following:
- Approximately 9.6 grams of suspected crack cocaine.
- Approximately 41.4 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine.
- Approximately 14.5 grams of suspected green fentanyl.
- Canadian currency
- One Glock pellet handgun
- One black spring-loaded knife
- One can of bear defense spray
- One mobile device
- A marijuana container containing a quantity of suspected crack cocaine
The street value of the drugs seized is approximately $8005
In the course of the investigation, it was determined that the 16-year-old male had struck the 14-year-old female earlier in the day.
As a result of the investigation, both the 16-year-old male young person and the 14-year-old female young person, who cannot be named in keeping with statutory requirements, have been charged respectively with:
– 3 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 2 counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Possession of a Firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The 16-year-old male young person is further charged with:
- 2 counts of Assault contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- An additional count of Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The 14-year-old female young person is further charged with an additional count of Possession of a Firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused parties remain in police custody awaiting a bail hearing scheduled for today at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins.