The Timmins Police Service has charged a local man with a number of Criminal Code offences stemming from an incident that occurred at a downtown shelter during the early morning hours of Friday, May 1st.
Timmins Police Service officer was alerted to a disturbance taking place in the lobby of a downtown homeless shelter where a person was in the midst of damaging property within the shelter.
The disruptive behavior continued with the man menacing shelter staff members.
The disturbance migrated out onto Fifth Avenue where the man was eventually arrested by the Timmins Police Service
As a result of the incident, Alexandre BELLERIVE, 26, of Timmins, has been charged with:
– Break and Enter contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Mischief Under $5000 contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– 2 counts of Assault with a Weapon contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
– Resist/Obstruct Peace Officer contrary to the Criminal Code
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The man remains in police custody awaiting a bail hearing slated for this morning at Provincial Court in Timmins, to answer to the charges laid against him.