The Timmins Police has a current opening for the position of Special Constable.
Their duties, responsibilities, minimum requirements, and salary are fully detailed below
The Timmins Police Service is now accepting applications from highly motivated individuals for the position of Part-Time Special Constable.
Part-Time Special Constables are provided training, equipment and issued a uniform.
Their duties May Include:
• Court security
• Prisoner transport
• Scene preservation
• Community policing initiatives
• Performing duties of the Court Administrator in their absence; and
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Police
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
• Good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
• Valid First Aid/CPR certificate and valid driver’s licence required at time of intake
• Successful completion of a physical fitness evaluation (at Applicant’s expense)
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory
Classification: Special Constable
Rate of Pay: $30.88 – $35.35 (2022)
(In accordance with Timmins Police Association – Civilian Members Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of July 8, 2022, quoting Competition No.: POL-2022-03
Please visit the Timmins Police Services website at www.timminspolice.ca and follow Careers with
TPS as a Civilian Member. Please complete the Application for Position of Constable and Consent
and Release of Liability form.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca