(Deadline October 10, 2017)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Police Constable selection system
You may browse the positions available by accessing the CAREERS section of our website.
THE PROTOCOL FOR ACCEPTANCE OF RESUMES AND APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE CONSTABLE HAS CHANGED.
AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2006 UNSOLICITED RESUMES / APPLICATIONS WILL NEITHER BE ACKNOWLEDGED NOR RETURNED.
- The Timmins Police Service will only accept resumes and applications for the position of Police Constable during the time frame specified in each specific job posting.
- Candidates must quote the competition number in their submission.
- Interested applicants should diligently monitor this website for job posting details.
To commence the application process, submit the completed Authorization for Release of Information and the Application – Position of Constable/Cadet forms, along with a photocopy of your OACP Certificate of Results and current First Aid / CPR Certification.
Please note; the Timmins Police Service gives greater consideration to applicants who demonstrate a commitment to the City of Timmins and/or who reflect the cultural makeup of the City. We also give greater consideration to applicants who possess specialized skills required by the Timmins Police Service and/or who possess post-secondary education. Bilingualism is an asset.
Candidates reaching the interview stage will be evaluated on Timmins Police Service and Timmins Community related questions (Local Focus Interview).
The Timmins Police Service abides by the guidelines of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP) Constable Selection System. You may obtain more information regarding this system from the Internet at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services website.
You may deliver or mail your completed application and resume to the Timmins Police Service office marked to the attention of “The Deputy Chief.”
Timmins Police Service
185 Spruce Street South
Timmins, Ontario P4N 2M7
Phone: (705) 264-1201
Fax: (705) 360-2697
Forms required to accompany applications/resumes (Forms 1 and 2 only)
2. TPS Constable Application Form – Special Constable, Dispatcher and/or Auxiliary Constable
3. Self-Assessment Questionnaire – Do you possess the necessary prerequisites ? Complete this questionnaire.
4.Orientation and Pre-Test Guide– Answer the questions in this booklet to help you figure out if this is really the right job for you. If you’re sure, register to take the first set of tests in the Constable Selection System.
5.Applicant Registration Form – Pre-registration for ATS-OACP Constable Selection Testing